Claims Terms and Procedures:
Please see our full document regarding claims, available for download here.
Damaged goods must be made available for pictures, inspection and/or salvage by the local depot if required.
- Intent to claim should be made within 48 hours. Claims paperwork must be received within 60 days from date of delivery.
- Concealed damage: stop unpacking, and contact the delivering depot! For more detail, see item # 3 from our Claims Terms & Procedures
- Claim amount will be limited to $2.00/lb For more detail, see item # 4 from our Claims Terms & Procedures
- Damages and shortages must be notated on POD For more detail, see item # 5 from our Claims Terms & Procedures
- Carriers are not liable for overhead expenses, administration fees, other carrier freight charges, etc.
- Carriers are not liable for goods shipper at “Owners Risk of Damage”
Your claims submission must include:
- Copy of POD noting loss or damage
- BOL as shipped, with actual weight
- Vendor proof of cost to replace only
- Estimated cost of repair
We will also require an invoice from you billing B&R for the eligible cost of the claim at $2.00/lb, or as negotiated with our claims department following review.
- Once you’ve submitted your claim, you will receive a response confirming your claim has been received.
- Please give us time: due to the volume received, we will reply as soon as possible.
- Claimant will be contacted directly if more information or if clarification is required, and if claim is denied.
- If your claim is incomplete, you will receive a reply with the information required. We require this information to be submitted within a 60-day time limit. If we have not received the remaining information within 60 days, the claim will be closed.
- Salvage on damaged goods must be retained by the customer in the event a claim is paid. The salvage will then be given to B&R unless it is unsafe to do so, or you have been instructed in writing by B&R to discard it. If B&R is responsible for damages, replacement freight and freight for repair can be shipped through B&R. Please see our Terms & Procedures for details.
Approved claims are paid out only after the B&R Eckel’s invoice for the freight charges of the original shipment have been paid.