Claims Terms and Procedures:
Please see our full document regarding claims, available for download here.
Damaged goods must be made available for pictures, inspection and/or salvage by the local depot if required.
- Intent to claim should be made within 48 hours. Claims paperwork must be received within 60 days from date of delivery.
- Any loss or damage must be noted on delivery receipt at time of delivery, otherwise consignee’s signature will constitute clear receipt and claims will not be honoured. Short or damage notation is not a notice of claim
- Concealed damage: stop unpacking, and contact the delivering depot! For more detail, see item # 3 from our Claims Terms & Procedures
- Claim amount will be limited to $2.00/lb For more detail, see item # 4 from our Claims Terms & Procedures
- Damages and shortages must be notated on POD For more detail, see item # 5 from our Claims Terms & Procedures
- Carriers are not liable for overhead expenses, administration fees, other carrier freight charges, etc.
- Carriers are not liable for goods shipper at “Owners Risk of Damage”
Your claims submission must include:
- Copy of POD noting loss or damage
- BOL as shipped, with actual weight
- Vendor proof of cost to replace only
- Estimated cost of repair
We will also require an invoice from you billing B&R for the eligible cost of the claim at $2.00/lb, or as negotiated with our claims department following review.
- Once you’ve submitted your claim, you will receive a response confirming your claim has been received.
- Please give us time: due to the volume received, we will reply as soon as possible.
- Claimant will be contacted directly if more information or if clarification is required, and if claim is denied.
- If your claim is incomplete, you will receive a reply with the information required. We require this information to be submitted within a 60-day time limit. If we have not received the remaining information within 60 days, the claim will be closed.
- Salvage on damaged goods must be retained by the customer in the event a claim is paid. The salvage will then be given to B&R unless it is unsafe to do so, or you have been instructed in writing by B&R to discard it. If B&R is responsible for damages, replacement freight and freight for repair can be shipped through B&R. Please see our Terms & Procedures for details.
Approved claims are paid out only after the B&R Eckel’s invoice for the freight charges of the original shipment have been paid.