Position: Highway Driver
Type: Full Time: 40 – 60 hours per week
We are seeking experienced Highway Drivers with deck experience to work out of our Northern Logistics Division.
Key Accountabilities: Operate tractor-trailer (flat deck, primarily) to transport goods and materials, load and unload, load securement, electronic logs,
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Class 1 Driver’s License required with clean abstract.
- Must be familiar with manual transmission
- Must have Deck experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Able to lift/push/pull heavy loads
- Demonstrated organizational skills: time management techniques
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanour under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Depth perception
- Ability to read/react to road conditions
- Travel for extended periods required (accommodation = sleeper berth)
- Will be required to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Overtime as required
- Weekend work
- Please indicate in your resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
- Only those candidates who are selected for the interview will be contacted.